I had returned to Australia at the beginning of 2015, following 8 years managing various estates for a high net-worth individual, with a portfolio comprising multiple residences and a private island off the coast of Grenada in the West Indies. Having spent a number of years refining and overhauling existing hospitality systems and guest service standards, to deliver effective operations (F&B, Butler Service, staffing and training) as well as having shown a keen eye and attention to detail, in 2010 I was tasked with leading a major project to commercialise Calivigny Island.
Advancing through promotions from my role as Butler and culminating with my position on Calivigny Island firstly as Operations manager and finally General manager allowed me to instil my international hospitality experience to ensure that the standards and expectations of some of the wealthiest and discerning guests on the planet were not only met but also exceeded. My background in food and beverage skills (silver service and fine dining), customer service, butler service and estate management have been honed and polished throughout my training and subsequent international experience.
I have always strived for perfection, dedication, flexibility, and innovation. My management style has always been to lead by example and I have always been very hands on. My passion for sharing the experiences and skills I have gained with my colleagues and others has been evident in my continuous promotion of an inclusive learning culture in all of my past positions.
Hotel Management |Food and Beverage Service | Silver Service | Gueridon Service | Fine Dining | Banquet Service| Hospitality Management | Butler Service| Valet Service | Protocol Management| Etiquette and Grooming | Guest Service Excellence for Heads of State, VIPs and Dignitaries | Front and Back of House Operations | Menu Development | Restaurant and Kitchen Design | Strategic Marketing and Sales of F&B Outlets |
Teacher - Casual
QHHS (Queensland Hotel and Hospitality School) TAFE Queensland
June 2016 - Current
• Training and assessing of 6 Star hospitality service with a focus on front of house operations
• Silver service and fine dining service skills training
• Customer relations and guest experience skills training
• Unpacking and structuring lessons around hospitality based Government Training Packages
Property Minders Asset Management
April 2015 – April 2016
• Within a couple of months of starting in my position, I was able to completely turn around a portfolio that was loosing managements and with many unattended to maintenance issues.
• Started an overhaul of all third party contractors to ensure that their standards were the same as that of Property Minders.
• Project managed the renovation of a couple of properties that resulted in an increase in rental price and rent-ability of all of them.
• Established preventative maintenance schedules for a majority of properties in my portfolio.
• Commenced an overhaul of office policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards possible across my portfolio and those of my colleagues.
• Managing a portfolio of 110 properties, mostly within a 10km radius of the city. Of those more than half are executive/high end properties rented for more than $800 per week.
• Rental Appraisals and attending building and pest inspections.
• Tender process and budgeting for renovations.
• Oversight of the leasing process from start to finish.
Calivigny Island and Secret Harbour Marina, Grenada W. I
• Led development of private island into commercial operation
• Formulation and implementation of customer service standards, policies and procedures
• Successful introduction of service standards through extensive training of 50 -60 staff with the use of various training methods (job rotation, 1 on 1 coaching and group sessions).
• Secured bookings in excess of $3m within a year of opening
• Restored profitability of marina bar and restaurant through the establishment of excellent service standards to ensure the quality of customer service and staff productivity
• Overseeing taskforce of 130 employees (F&B Staff, Housekeepers, Butlers, Guest Services Staff, Ground Staff, Construction workforce)
• Managing a multi-outlet F&B operation (fine dining restaurant, room service, Marina bar and restaurant, pool bar, buffet restaurant)
• Implementation and delivery of training for all front-of-house staff;
• Food and Beverage – Fine dining, silver service, banquet service, cocktail service, bar service, gueridon service
• Housekeeping – Butler service, valet service, cleaning and service of rooms and public areas
• Ground / Support Staff- Beach and activities attendants, marina staff and boat crew
• General – Etiquette and grooming, protocol, workplace health and safety
• Planning and executing functions for up to 150 people from concept to delivery
• Menu development and planning
• Cellar management and basic sommelier skills
• Employee Visa management
• Overseeing purchasing and procurement locally and internationally, managing long lead times
Estate Manager and Operations Manager
Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; Calivigny Island, Grenada W. I
• Project managed US$2m renovation of a residential property through concept, planning, design and construction
• Oversaw design, selection and procurement of multi-million dollar interior design refit
• Led staff in providing exceptional level of service (food and beverage service, butler service, valet service, chauffeur service for the family and their guests) through the establishment of international service quality standards and processes
• Overseeing estate portfolio of 3 properties, including a private island, across:
• Planning and execution of all operations
• Establishing of service standards
• Implementation of preventative maintenance programs
• Budgeting and control
• Performed a training needs analysis to identify any gaps in skills then developed training programs to address those needs
• Developed commercial relationships with US-based vendors to supply private island
• Provided accountable oversight of property/s condition for family
• Arranged domestic and international travel plans and itineraries
• Handpicked subcontractors and service providers to deliver regular property services
• Overseeing service operations for ultra-high net-worth family, across:
• Planning and execution of all food and beverage operations
• Training of all food and beverage staff
• Cellar management and basic sommelier skills
• Travel and accommodation itineraries
• Wardrobe and luggage management
• Physical presentation of residence and accommodation
• Events co-ordination
• Leading administration management for family, including:
• Confidential filing of personal and professional documentation
• Banking and bookkeeping
• Managing set-up and stock maintenance for produce, dry goods and household consumables
• Acting as personal shopper
Emirates Palace Hotel
• Providing personal butler service to guests of Emirates Palace Hotel, including:
• Heads of State
• Food and beverage service (formal banquets, fine dining, in room dining)
• Coordinating special requests and demonstrating utmost discretion
• Ensuring appropriate protocol, including use of salutations, titles and etiquette
• Resolving service-related matters
• Setting-up detailed guest profiling system, with preferences and remarks to customise service
Food and Beverage Attendant (Il Barocco and In Room Dining)
Palazzo Versace, Main Beach
• Food and beverage service of a 120 seat Buffet and a la Carte style restaurant
• In-room dining service for 200 room hotel
• Personal Butler and In-room dining service for the 72 private condominiums adjoined to the hotel
• High volume Barista service
• Mis-en-place preparation - pre and post service
• Basic sommelier and upselling skills
PRIOR WORK HISTORY
Food and Beverage Attendant
P&O Resorts, Heron Island
The Glen Hotel
MBA: Masters in International Business
Nova Southeastern University, USA
BA (Hons) in International Hospitality Management
Bournemouth University, UK
Higher Diploma in Hotel and Business Administration: Hotel and Tourism Management
IHTTI School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
Diploma of Hospitality Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management
Blue Mountains Hotel School, Australia
Available on request.